On Campus Application Process
Master of Arts & Theology
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- An undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0.
The following materials should be sent to:
Augustine Institute - Admissions Office
6160 S. Syracuse Way
Greenwood Village, CO 80111
- A completed Application for Admission.
- A personal statement of no more than 200 words indicating your reasons for pursuing graduate work at the Augustine Institute.
- A non-refundable application fee of $50.00.
- Official transcripts of all completed undergraduate and graduate work, sent directly to the Admissions Office from all institutions attended.
- A 500 word response to the application essay question.
- Three confidential letters of recommendation, at least one from a college professor.
- After all documentation has been received, a phone interview with a member of admission staff is required.
International applicants must also:
- Submit official TOEFL scores (required of international students whose native language is not English and who have not completed a college degree in the United States).
- Complete the International Student Questionnaire and Financial Certificate Form.
Applicants without a Bachelor's degree or whose undergraduate GPA is under the 3.0 admission's requirement may be conditionally admitted. If a 3.0 is achieved, a student's application may be reconsidered for full admission.
Non-Degree Seeking Applicants
Those who do not meet admission requirements for the Master's program or who wish to take graduate courses without seeking the degree may be admitted into the Graduate Certificate Program or under the title of Non-Degree seeking. Non-Degree students who wish to take graduate courses will be considered on a space-available basis.
Normal requirements for admission may be waived for non-degree students who show sufficient aptitude to work at the graduate level. Such students may request to transfer from non-degree status to degree-seeking status after they have completed a full semester of course work (12 credit hours). At this time a full application must be filed with admissions. Degree seeking students will always be given priority in course registration.
Those who wish to audit graduate courses for no credit may take up to three courses per term. Auditors will be considered on a space-available basis. Degree seeking students will always be given priority in course registration.
Basic Degree Requirements
- Candidates must successfully complete a total of 48 credits (semester hours) to qualify for the Master of Arts degree.
- A candidate for the degree must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 to earn the Master of Arts in Theology degree. Students may earn a Graduate Certificate with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75.
- All candidates must successfully complete a comprehensive capstone assessment.
- Students may transfer up to 18 credits from another accredited institution.