Distance Education Tuition per course
Credit-Seeking Student: $1050
Audit Student: $525
On Campus Tuition per course
Credit-Seeking Student (Full-Time and Part-Time)
- Cash/Check Discount: $1515
- Credit Card: $1560
- Cash/Check Discount: $750
- Credit Card: $795
On Campus Activity Fee per semester (non-refundable)
Full-Time Student: $100
Part-Time Student: $50
Audit Student: $50
Intensive Course Fee Per Course (non-refundable)
All students: $30
Payment Plan Information
Distance Education and On-Campus non-audit students are offered the option each semester of a 3-month payment plan for tuition costs. During registration, students can indicate whether they would like to pay in full by the due date or spread their tuition/fees using the payment plan. Those choosing to utilize this option will be charged an additional non-refundable administrative fee of $50 for each semester that the plan is used. Typically, payments are due on the following schedules, with specific due dates each semester listed on student statements (available via NetClassroom once registrations have been processed):
|Fall Semester||Spring Semester||Summer Semester|
The Augustine Institute has made a strong commitment to provide scholarships for its students at varying levels of support. These scholarships are made available to on campus degree seeking students on the basis of a calculation of merit or need. There are five scholarship levels:
- Presidential - Merit-based scholarship of 50% or higher, awarded to one full-time student each year (when funds are available)
- St. Augustine - Merit-based award of up to 40% of full-time tuition.
- St. Jerome - Need-based award of up to 40% of full-time tuition.
- St. Ambrose - Merit-based award of up to 20% of part-time tuition.
- St. Monica - Need-based award of up to 20% of part-time tuition.
- Work Study - At the discretion of the Augustine Institute, a limited number of work-study positions may also be available.
Scholarships are awarded at the beginning of each semester and for the summer term. The priority application deadline to be considered for a scholarship is March 1st for the Fall Semester, May 1st for the summer intensive courses, and September 1st for the Spring Semester. Students are responsible for covering the cost of books, supplies, and housing. Applicants are encouraged to apply early as disbursements are only made so long as scholarship funds are available. Applications are available from the Admissions Office. Full-time status is 9 credits per term. Scholarships of those students who drop from full-time to part-time will change to a part-time scholarship. Students who increase from part-time to full-time can be considered at that time for a full-time scholarship. Petitions should be submitted to Maggie Smith.
Scholarships are funded through the consistent generosity of donors to the Augustine Institute. The Institute does not accept direct federal aid, nor does it participate in indirect programs of federal aid, such as the Student Guaranteed Loan Program.
Merit Based Scholarships Criteria:
- An academic record that shows outstanding performance (GPA of 3.5 or greater)
- A distinguished writing sample
- Exceptional letters of recommendation
Merit-based scholarship recipients must maintain a GPA of 3.50 or higher and cannot earn lower than a B- for any course. Exceptions may be made for those in their first semester of study, after which a student will be allowed one semester to bring the cumulative GPA to a 3.50. Merit-Based Scholarships may be renewed for each academic year, subject to the availability of funds, GPA, student status, and other considerations.
Need Based Financial Aid Criteria:
- An academic record that demonstrates a strong performance (3.0 GPA or above)
- Positive letters of recommendation
- A strong writing sample
- Completed Financial Aid Application
- Submission of required copies of tax returns
Scholarships may be renewed for each academic year subject to the availability of funds, GPA (maintaining a 3.0), student status, and other considerations.
Work-Study Scholarships Criteria:
- A strong academic record (3.0 or above)
- Suitable letters of recommendation
- Submission of resume with "Application for Admission"
Work-study renewal is based partially upon a performance review at the end of each semester. Work-study students who do not complete their hours at the end of each year will be required to pay tuition to the Institute for any unfinished hours. Work-study may be renewed for each academic year subject to the availability of funds, GPA, student status, and other considerations.
On-Campus Student Loan Program
The Augustine Institute has received a generous gift from a donor to help full-time on-campus students who want to enroll in the Augustine Institute but need financial assistance. Only students who maintain a full-time status (9 cr/term) will be eligible for this loan program.
Students will be evaluated on their financial need, ability to succeed at the Augustine Institute and ability to repay the loan after they graduate.
Terms of the Loan
- Loan amount can be up to 60% of tuition after scholarship.
- Interest while enrolled in school is 0%.
- An interest free monthly payment of $50 is required while enrolled in the program.
- Maximum scholarship while in the student loan program is 25% of tuition.
- Interest free grace period after graduation is 6 months.
- The current interest rate after graduation is 5%.
- The loan repayment period is 60 months after the end of the 6 month grace period.
- Repayment of the loan begins immediately for any student that withdraws from the program.
- Late payment fee is $5.
- Returned check fee is $20.